The Plant Manager will be accountable for achieving the process volumes, crude oil sales and disposal objectives of the district. This position will be responsible for budget preparation and cost management of the plant facility. Budgets will be submitted, reviewed and approved by senior management on a quarterly and annual basis. The Plant Manager will be responsible for operations, maintenance and processes associated with (1) storing, separating and transferring oil related fluids throughout the tank farm, (2) maintaining fluids & solids separation capacity and output with centrifuges and vibratory shakers and (3) blending, storing and preparing oil for sales. The position will also be responsible for partnering with the satellite transfer facilities (STF) to ensure timely transfers of slop oil and solids for final processing. This position will report directly to the VP of Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Operation of Facility
- Supervise operations of tank farm, centrifuge, vibratory shakers, boiler, heat exchangers and water purification systems and all related maintenance to ensure a safe working environment and maximum production
- Analyze and evaluate existing technologies to enhance processes or improvements; work with operations team to continually emphasize and identify process improvement and delivery cost savings.
- Track/monitor daily production efficiencies, oil transactions and oil/chemical inventories
- Partner with Engineering on design and build out of projects and process improvements to ensure efficient coordination and scheduling of resources and materials.
- Manage the sweet oil blending facility capabilities
- Oversee the quality control and quality assurance (QC/QA) of the lab, lab tech and calibration standards.
- Prepare the capital equipment requirements; present capital expenditure recommendations to the President for approval.
- Responsible for P&L and working within the approved budget associated with all facets of the plant facility
- Track/Monitor plant project expenses to ensure timely completion and within budget; communicate with finance group to ensure accurate cost allocation
- Responsible for purchase order placement and follow-up; ensure purchases for materials/services and/or expenditures have gone through the proper approval process
- Evaluate financial & operating goals; recommend changes to the Permian Operations Manager as needed.
- Maintain optimal inventory levels; perform daily review of product replenishment; identify opportunities to avoid future out of stock situations
- In collaboration with Operations Services Supervisor develop corrective action plans for all reported accidents and/or incidents
- Supervise/coordinate all emergency preparedness exercises/drills
- Provide daily process volumes and inventory volumes to the Operations Services Supervisor
Maintenance and Equipment
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining preventive maintenance program
- Responsible for monitoring tank bottom accumulation and arranging for removal of solids to maintain capacity & throughput
- Responsible for establishing emergency maintenance guidelines and spare equipment inventory to minimize downtime due to unexpected equipment failure
Customer Service and Sales
- Actively promote and ensure a high level of customer service, quality of work; make recommendations for improvement as applicable
- Foster a cooperative and harmonious working environment to maximize employee morale and productivity
- Develop employees for future advancement
- Assist in counseling and administering disciplinary action in accordance with Company policies
- Communicate areas of accountability and performance expected of personnel assigned
- Recommend salary adjustments, transfers, promotions and terminations to HR Department
- Conduct quarterly performance evaluations
Staffing and Training
- Responsible for labor efficiency, work schedules, approvals, leave requests
- Manage labor cost and overtime through scheduling strategies; analyze labor cost to lower labor-related expenses
- Participate in phone screening and interviewing candidates; submit signed documents to HR in a timely manner.
- Ensure new hires complete assigned on-line safety training in a timely manner
Provide hands-on-training for new hires relevant to their position.
- Partner with the Operations Services Supervisor on plant safety curriculum; conduct weekly safety meetings; ensure compliance with Company HS&E training requirements; track employee attendance, near misses and incidents
- Create a culture of “Safe Behavior” by implementing programs and procedures required to ensure good housekeeping
- Coordinate with all applicable Federal/State regulatory agencies to ensure permitting requirements are met
- Ensure employees comply with OSHA standards and Company HSE policies/procedures
Performs other duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years of oil and gas operational experience
- College degree preferred
- Technical training
- High-speed rotating equipment operations
- Basic electrical theory
- Heat Transfer and Fluid Dynamics
- Piping and Instrumentation Diagram interpretation
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Ability to take initiative and think creatively
- Self-motivated and able to carry out responsibilities with little supervision
- Professional, positive & enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to work well in a team environment